Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Video Review

I was fortunate enough to be able to watch a high quality video of my match. How I remembered it happening isn't quite how it went down. I got to the back early, but then fought in top half guard for awhile before securing a pass and multiple back-controls at the end of the match. Some things I'd like to improve upon:


  • Be more patient setting up submissions. I could have taken a bit more time to get good grips for the bow and arrow, get my legs in the right position, etc. I rushed it and it cost me a chance to finish.
  • Figure out how in the hell to pull an advantageous guard so I can work open guard instead of having them immediately in top half guard. It worked out ok in this match, but I'd rather play open than half.
  • When standing, don't hunch over so much. Lifting has helped with maintaining a more neutral spine in a variety of positions, but my shoulders were still too far forward of my hips.
  • Stop being a ninny and do absolute. If I go into a tournament planning on doing it regardless, I think that would help.

I was shot from the trip so didn't do class yesterday. Back at it tomorrow, possibly with a double. Back to lifting and conditioning on Thursday. So very happy to be home.

No comments: