Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Lights Out

I knew I hadn't posted in a while but didn't realize it's been almost a month.

I covered the morning class today and decided to go basic with closed guard arm-bar, omoplata and triangle. Picked up two tips that most folks hadn't seen before on the omoplata and triangle, so hopefully everyone got something out of it.

Started off rolling with big Mike. I was doing a decent job of keeping him at bay, or at least recovering guard. I tried for an armbar with decent position from guard but didn't have his posture broken so lost it. He passed, I'd get to turtle, rinse and repeat. At some point he had a choke from a top position (I don't remember what) and was bearing all his weight down. I knew it was tight, but thought that I might be able to last until the bell went off. Suddenly, I was riding my motorcycle down a sunlit road.... and then I woke up and he was holding my legs and the timer went off. First time being choked completely out.

Rolled with Zack after that who got an arm-lock of sorts, then Chris F. and Jason W. All in all I pretty much got my ass handed to me. I wasn't too down about it, as people seemed happy with the class.

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

Ha ha ha! At least you got a nice bike ride!!!!!