Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I Can't Shut Up

I have so very much to say during Fundamentals. Last Saturday I did ok for most of the class, but I was losing it a bit at the end. I need to take a few seconds to compose myself before I start on a new technique or am ready to close out the class and figure out what I want to say before I start yapping. 

I'll have plenty of practice in the next couple of weeks because James will be out of town. I'm only covering one class this week and then three in a row next week. This weekend I'm headed to a Girls in Gis event. I think there'll be at least 4 black belts on the mat and hopefully all of the non-injured ones will roll. While I don't feel that I deserve the belt that I have, I'm not going to shy away from some of the benefits that come with it. Being able to roll with pretty much whoever I want at other gyms is a big plus. Being the first (or near the first in line) after class means that I can make a beeline for one of the changing rooms and get dressed for work quickly.

I've been sticking with my workout regimen (Crossfit Football), lifting 4 days a week and going to class 6 days a week. So far my energy levels are holding up well. I'm noticing a big difference in my cardio during rolling. I don't feel completely wiped after class (unless it's all open mat) and I feel like I have energy *during* rolls, which is the most important to me. I need to use this to gradually turn up and maintain higher intensity for the duration of a roll. 

I STILL haven't picked an area on which to focus my training. Some day. Maybe.




No comments: