Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Moving Day

The gym is moving this weekend, so most of my time will be spent doing that. No classes Sat - Tue. 

I briefly toyed with the idea of signing up for Worlds when I saw the registration was still open this morning, but my rolling has not been anywhere near where it needs to be for that. I almost did anyway, b/c the black belt divisions look absolutely stacked and it would probably be a blast to watch in person.

Related, I really need to get my shit together for Master Worlds. I don't know what that means, other than I need to do better. I got wrecked by pretty much everyone at the Saturday open mat. It was almost ridiculous and was one of those days where I thought to myself, "welp, I've clearly reached my highest skill level in this sport, so I might as well find something new to try". I did surprisingly well when rolling with Russ, who must have been having an off day too.

I've been doing morning classes almost exclusively and lots of rolling with Sarah. We've been having fun, interesting rolls. She's completely shut down both my berimbolo and single leg X. She's been doing a great job of maintaining distance in her guard and separating my elbows from my torso. I kneed her in the face when drilling before class of all things. Cut her tongue in multiple places. :( 

No comments: