Wednesday, May 4, 2016

More or Less

I had some issues last week that kept me off the mat. Taught on Saturday and apparently my quads were not pleased about the many demonstrations of opening the guard. Incapacitated by the quads on Sunday so no advanced class. Monday morning they were still quite sore but did class anyway. Didn't feel better until the end of rolling. 

I'm doing a Spartan race this weekend, so having the entire week off last week of no activity was not ideal timing. I haven't been training as much as normal, averaging closer to 3 classes a week instead of 6. Planning on getting back into the swing of things next week.

Rolling has been ok, but I honestly feel like I know less the more classes that I attend. Not in drilling, as most techniques James shows I've seen numerous times and can execute them fairly well when drilling. But rolling I seem to be getting more clueless. I'm not pressuring myself (that I know of). Perhaps it's a lack of having a particular plan and being very reactionary. I'm having decent rolls with my peers, but am almost always on the defensive. That's not terribly new, but I feel like my offense is almost nonexistent. Some day... some day I will decide to really focus on one game plan and try to get good at a specific guard.

No comments: