Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Normal, Whatever That Is

Back to a somewhat normal schedule. Only offshoot is training for a Spartan race in May, which consists of getting my ass handed to me on Saturday morning before I teach Fundamentals. This past Saturday was hill repeats, followed by an uphill log carry. My legs were so over the whole thing very quickly.

I had a surprising amount of energy for Fundies and the open mat after. Had about 18 ppl for my class which is down from the past month but still more than I'd ever imagined. Covered sweeps that started from closed guard. I think I blew a few minds of folks who were very new and hopefully at least refreshed the memories of more experienced students.

Felt pretty good on Sunday until I started drilling at advanced class. I went in with a game plan of "all passing, all the time". My legs were bitching about the hell they had gone through the day prior, so probably wasn't the best game plan. Got many good reps in but I was absolutely beat, and that's before the rolls even started.

Rolled with Chris, James, Sarah, Chaz and Jamie. I think. It was tough sledding, whoever it was. 

Accepted an offer on my house and now waiting for the process to finish it's winding road, but seems like it'll happen. Have looked at some places outside of town but nothing has fit yet. Priority #1 is distance to gym. Priority #2 is distance to work. 

Still doing my daily push-ups. Today is 96. I think I'm going to have to start splitting them up throughout the day. Doing 90+ push-ups before morning class seems to have a bit of an effect on my rolling. Not a ton, but some.

No comments: