Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Peer Pressure

I have succumbed to significant peer pressure and signed up for Pans at the last minute. I don't feel like I'm rolling especially well lately, but I have been training quite a bit and am injury-free (knock on wood). I knew that I would regret not going once the deadline passed to register, so there you have it.

It will be interesting to see if my rolling improves once I lessen the frequency of training. That probably won't happen until next week, as I'm doing a double today, possibly Thu night class, Fri morning, Sat, Sun, and a double next Monday. No wonder I've been sleeping so well. :p

I've been rolling with Rachael exclusively at night classes to get her ready for Pans. Morning classes have been a good mix of upper and lower belts.

My biggest concern, as always, is stand-up. I need to come up with a gameplan fast. I'm not particularly enamored of my guard game now, but I don't foresee me coming up with a take-down combo in the next week. The woman who beat me last year is in my bracket this year. The dreaded three person bracket, no less. She shut down my guard game but good. 

No comments: