Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lack of Pressure

First training back after Worlds. Still feeling the disappointment of my performance. However, the weight of imminent competition has been lifted, which is a huge relief. Since Sep 1 I've been in a tournament mindset, constantly worrying about how my training would translate to competition. I don't have any tournaments on the horizon for the remainder of the year. Next year's earliest will likely be Pans. Depending on what I have going on in my life, I may be competing at the big tournaments quite a bit less next year.

My rolls on Wednesday were sub-par. Rolled with Nate N., Sarah, Joyce and Jason W. Nate N. had top side and pretty much held the position with ease. Sarah and I had our usual slower paced roll. Joyce was working hard and I tried to make sure she had equal time in both top and bottom positions. Jason W. dominated from top side control and KOB. 

Overall I felt like I was flat and still getting my feet under me from the trip. 

I'm going to try to commit to lifting, even if it's a little bit, three times a week. I've said this numerous times this year, but so far it hasn't materialized. With my adjusted sleep/wake schedule, motivation from a disappointing performance and nothing big on the horizon, perhaps I'll be able to follow through this time.

I'm also going to try to watch instructional vids at least 4 times a week. I think what will work best is to watch the same vid over several days to really imprint the gist of it. Then I'll try one or more techniques out before classes or during Sunday's class. I need to have a real gameplan going into Sundays instead of half assing it.


No comments: