Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hatching a Plan

On the way to the Mendes seminar, Rachael and I decided to do something a little crazy. It may not be a good expenditure of money, but whatever. Going to stay mum on the details until it happens on the off chance that anyone from my gym reads this. 

This week in class has been markedly better than the past couple of weeks. I pretty on Monday, as evidenced by doing much better than usual against Jason S. Chris N. took it relatively easy on me. I wish he had a little bit more of a middle ground, but to be honest, a lot of people probably think that about me too.

Did Wed morn and night class, my first double in several weeks. Rolled pretty well in both of those. In the evening class it was KOTH, win by back, mount or sub. I started off with Jay and after what seemed like quite awhile I got to his back. After that it was Levi. He's a tall, strong MMA fighter who's a white belt that has submitted me before. I knew that I was up against, and worked to tie him up in my guard. I went for and failed on a couple of arm submissions. I was able to maintain guard, and at one point he sat so far back in my guard that I was able to get the hip bump sweep into mount. Jenny next, who got to mount but wasn't able to maintain for 3sec. I came out on top somehow, don't remember how. Finally it was very new guy who was strong as an ox. Again, I tied him up in my guard, where he had good instincts when it came to not getting too far forward or back and avoiding me getting my knees inside. However, his offense consisted of grabbing my wrists in a death grip and not doing anything else. I wasn't able to break the grips, and I was starting to get concerned as to exactly what I was going to do to generate offense. Time was called, which saved me from figuring it out.
 
Rachael and I did three no gi rounds after class. I also rolled no gi with Chaz, who gave me a really balanced roll which was pretty nice.

I'm working to get back to lifting, even if it's just a little bit. Three times a week under the bar and see if I can stick with it. 

No comments: