Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great Seminar & Eating all the Things

I need to for real stay away from the scale b/c I've been indulging in everything in sight. It's partly due to stress coping and partly to not feeling like I have to be restrained for tournaments. It's been nice for awhile but I'm going to tone it down a bit. It's amazing how quickly the body will happily accept far more food than is needed.

Training has been going pretty well. Rachael has been trying to talk me into doing Master's in late August. I'm probably going to be busy, but she is persistent. I'll have to see how the summer progresses. Signed up for the Seattle Open and will more than likely need to drop down to adult. I'm not looking forward to competing again in the next couple of months, but it is what it is.

We went to the Staack/McDermont seminar last weekend. 10am-4pm of jiu jitsu Saturday and Sunday. There was a little bit of the campfire chit chat stuff but by and large we were moving most of that time. 

The first day was interesting. I felt like I couldn't really jiu jitsu. Paired with a white belt who was good but I just felt super dumb. Couldn't seem to execute anything very well. Might not have had enough nutrition or hydration on board, or maybe it was just stuff that is awkward for me. In any case, it got worse through day as we moved through instructors and techniques. Wasn't feeling too hot about things at the end of the day.

Next day was Hannette and that went much, much better. The difference in the type of energy from the instructors was noticeable which may have also had an impact. She's just such a positive, sweet person. 

Rolled with Hannette, Cindy, Hillary and some purple and blue belts. I kept making the same damned mistakes over and over with Cindy. That didn't feel too great. Hannette beat the crap out of me, but she did that with everyone so I felt a little less bad about that. I did well with Hillary and the purples and blues. The range of skill was really pretty amazing and good to feel every now and again.

Utterly fatigued by the time we left. Really happy that I went. I might have made a deal that if Hannette does Master's that I will too. :p


No comments: