Monday, April 10, 2017

Taking Notes

I'm back to taking notes after (almost) every class. Transcribing it to html and mind mapping it. Don't know if it will help, but it can't possibly hurt.

Had a weird week last week when it came to rolling. Partly due to the "rule" that you could only win by back or mount. No submissions. Loser had to do jumping jacks between rounds. It's a good way to mix up rolls a bit, but I just wasn't in the spirit of it. On one memorable occasion, my partner kept forgetting the goal of the roll and was willingly giving up back or mount. -_-

It's very weird to have your teammate and coach mention in casual conversation that I'm almost a black belt. Like...wtf? It was especially fun when James mentioned my availability for private lessons, how great I am with details, fundamentals, etc and then I have a quick roll with Ben who took my back and sank in a choke pretty damned fast. A bunch of people were watching, which was the galling part. Seriously James, stop giving me any sort of praise in class. 

Aside from that, rolls have been ok. I feel like I need to up the intensity again, and was helped out by my bestie on Saturday who will hopefully be able to train with some regularity again. She might even do Worlds as well if her back allows it. 

I feel like I need to get in high reps of drilling, something, anything to build muscle memory. No one has been doing advanced class, which was the best avenue for that sort of thing. I could get some reps before or after classes. 

Teaching has been going ok. Classes are 25+, which seems like a lot of people when you look around the room. I think my instruction is going well, but I must get tired of talking b/c I never end class the way I'd like. It's very abrupt and I'd like to drop some non-technique knowledge. Need to come up with something ahead of time and stick with it instead of assuming that everyone would like for me to zip it.




No comments: