Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fun Roll with Sensei

Completed the CF workout on Saturday. We did better than I thought we would, finishing the workouts faster than we had practiced, completing all of the presses unbroken and even getting in five overhead squats when I thought we may not even get one.

My shoulder was fine through most of it until the overhead squats, which were in the second to last workout. Several days later it feels much better and is probably around 90%. I'm really very happy that it doesn't appear to be something serious.

Drilled with Sarah during the rolling portion of class yesterday. After class I was getting ready to change for work when I decided I'd try to hit up James for a no gi roll since he's doing No Gi Worlds this weekend. We ended up having a fantastic and super fun roll, hitting a bunch of different positions. I wish I could remember more about the roll, but it's enough that we were both pretty jazzed about it. I came close (or he let me come close) to taking his back, I fended off back-takes and a number of submissions. Probably my best no gi roll in I don't even know how long. I was happy with my movement and how I was (trying) to control his body to get to my next position. Instead of trying to do specific techniques, I was thinking about how to manipulate our various body parts to achieve a specific position. Those are hands-down my favorite type of rolls.


No comments: